Solved

Klaviyo Date Subscription, Custom Properties and Flow for ‘London Pomegranate Social’ event. This event repeats monthly.

• 17 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi there

I know what I want to achieve but I’m tying myself in knots trying to work out a way to do it so that it is a seamless flow for the user. Please help!

I’m trying to set up a subscription form and flow for individuals who have expressed an interest in attending an event which occurs on the last Wednesday of every month.

At the point of signing up what will the subscriber sign up to? Will it be the overarching event - The London Pomegranate Social or the individual dates?

This is how I see it running at a top level. It’s the intricacies of the sign up process and custom properties that I’m really struggling with (I think). That said, even this top level flow could be wrong.

1. The subscriber signs up, from an email, website or is manually added by me
  2. They are automatically linked to the Custom Property ‘The London Pomegranate Social’.
  3. Once they are linked to the ‘The London Pomegranate Social’ Custom Property do I then  manually add the value in either text or date format? Can this be done automatically?
  4. Subscriber receives a welcome email. In that welcome email should I include date options for them to subscribe to? Just tick boxes to link them to a specific event and make sure they receive all the information per event?
  5. Four weeks before the event the subscriber receives a Save the Date email with registration details and ‘add this to your calendar’ option.
  6. Those who register exit this flow.
  7. Two weeks before the event, the subscriber receives a more detailed email with registration details
  8. Those who register exit this flow. Enter Flow 2.
  9. One week before the event, the subscriber receives a reminder “did you forget to register”. Include registration details
  10. Those who register exit this flow. Enter Flow 2.
  11. Three days before “last call” email. Include registration details
  12. Those who register exit this flow. Enter Flow 2.

How should the sign up form, custom properties and values be set?

Possible options

Custom property =     The London Pomegranate Social

Value in text format = The London Pomegranate Social June 2022

The London Pomegranate Social July 2022

The London Pomegranate Social August 2022

OR

Custom property =     The London Pomegranate Social

Value in date format = 29/06/22

27/07/22

31/08/22

OR

Custom Property =     The London Pomegranate Social June 2022

Value in date format = 29/06/22

Custom Property =      The London Pomegranate Social July 2022

Value in date format = 27/07/22

Custom Property =      The London Pomegranate Social August 2022

Value in date format =  31/08/22

OR

Something else and if it is something else, please help as I’m out of ideas!

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Emma

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 18 May 2022, 02:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Emmington,

Thanks for your explanation and hope I can offer some ideas.

To start, I think it would be a good idea to create a signup form that allows them to also pick dates. This can be achieved by working with multi-step forms. If not, you can create different Flows for different dates that include an update property step at the end of the flow. 

Flows come with time delays as part of the building process so that should easily be customizable and setup on your own. I think the next step you would want to figure out is how to create a date property flow and targeting the property that was added onto their profile from selecting an option in the sign up form. 

From your laid out scenarios, the second or third option would be what I personally would start with as a foundation.

I would recommend looking at these community posts as well:

A lot of this depends on your integration, how data is collected and stored to profiles, and the Flow setup. If you need further assistance, I would recommend contacting Support or working with one of our partners.

Thanks!
Alex