Skip to main content
Solved

Klaviyo not picking up email subscribers at all when an order is placed?

• 14 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a funny one and I can’t seem to figure out where the issue is happening. I have been placing test orders on Shopify, and Klaviyo used to successfully pick them up as an email subscriber with a double opt-in email request coming through off the back of the order confirmation. However I tried to change the email opt in for that list to single opt in, and now my email marketing is not coming through at all. 

I have a live flow for a welcome series with discount code which I expected for the first email in that series to come through as soon as someone places an order, but nothing happens. 

I have tried and checked the following things:

• The Newsletter list does not show the email subscriber at all when I place an order, so it’s not pulling them into that list. The two systems do talk to each other however as I can see on Klaviyo that it registered someone completed checkout, but the subscriber does not come through to the list 
  • In the integrations settings I have checked it is syncing to the right list (Newsletter). I did try change it to the other list momentarily when it was doing the double opt in for Newsletter, which worked with a double opt in as well. However it is definitely pointing to the right place right now. 
  • I have checked my flow says to subscribe to the right list (Newsletter) and that the correct emails are shown as live in that flow. 
  • I have also given it a few days between sending to see if the issue was with some kind of spam setting where it didn’t send over x amount of emails. I stopped sending on Friday and just tried again today (Monday) with no luck. I have also changed some of the settings in the list to ignore order confirmation emails for purposes of smart sending. 
  • I did manually delete the previous 2 personal emails I was using for testing from the Newsletter list, so I was thinking maybe it would refuse to pick them up from the manual deletion, but I had a Google and apparently that’s not a thing. I can give it another go with an email I haven’t deleted from the list if that makes a difference

Sorry for the long post, I have been trying to logically work through where the issue is happening for almost a week now with no luck. Hoping someone here can give me tips on what to try next or where to look! 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @anastasijagav 

Thank you so much for such a detailed explanations of your problem! Happy to help!

I have one quick question for you, did the email address you were testing with already receive the welcome series flow before? With any list triggered flow, like the Welcome Series, a profile (email address) will only go through the flow once, not matter if it was unsubscribed and then resubscribed again. As for the profiles not being added to the Newsletter List at all, I would suggest completely removing the integration and then re-install it. You wont lose any data by doing this but will help reset the integration and should start adding profiles to the Newsletter list again.

Hope this help, but let me know if it doesn’t!