Skip to main content
Solved

Klavyio sending the same flow email to the same profile 10+ times within a few minutes

• 12 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I woke up to an email from an angry customer saying we emailed her 25 times. I thought surely she was exaggerating, but then I went into to her profile history and what I saw was concerning

This is the “received email” metric from her customer profile:

As you can see my abandoned checkout flow is basically spamming her. Why and how would this happen?

Here is the send history from that specific flows analytics. Not only is it showing that it is sending this person multiple times, but all of the profiles are showing this. We are showing 215 sends, but only to 15 profiles.

I just turned on smart sending, hopefully this helps. But having smart sending on shouldn’t cause an issue like this, no?

Additionally, there is something wrong with this flow. 

The Analytics on this flow is showing that the cart value less than $100 dollars as sent 129 times. (I just set it to draft)  But we dont even have a product that is less than $100. This email also spammed the lady that replied to us

Additional information, here is the trigger for this campaign: 

There are no duplicates of this flow in the account either.  What causes an issue like this?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @ThirtySixx,

Since the trigger is Added to Cart, I believe the flow queues an email every time an item is added to the cart. (I don’t know if this includes increasing the quantity of the item). In our abandoned cart flow, we have a few more profile and trigger filters you might want to add: 

Profile filter: Has not been in flow in the last X number of days

This will ensure they only receive one email from the flow every so often, instead of after each item. Smart sending should probably achieve this as well, but adding the filter is an extra measure of protection. However, adding this profile filter *may* cause them to not get the second email, since a flow checks profile filters before each email send.

Trigger filter - [$Value] is greater than 0

This filter may look slightly different based on your integration. When we first started sending abandoned carts, it was sending to customers who had the event of added to cart, but then ended up having nothing in their cart by the time the email sent - which *could* be why your low value email is being sent.
Hope this helps!