Solved

Learning about conditional splits

• 27 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I would love someone to look over my setting and let me know if I achieved my goal.

It’s an abandoned cart email flow.

I would like to add a discount code in the email that goes to people who have never placed an order before and have not signed up to my email newsletter (and have therefore not ever received a discount code.)

Those who HAVE signed up already (and have therefore already received a discount code in a separate email) should receive an email that does not include any discount codes.

I used klaviyos template and added a conditional split under the trigger. That conditional split has the following settings:
Has placed order 0 times over all times AND is not in newsletter list.

“Yes” leads to the email that includes the code. “No” leads to the email that does not include a code.

Did I set this up correctly?

Please have a look at the screenshot below.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this, please do. not hesitate to share with me.

(also: does “No” under a conditional split simply mean “EVERYONE who does NOT fall under these conditions”, and therefore only the conditions of the initial trigger apply to those people. Correct?)

Looking forward to your feedback.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 27 October 2022, 17:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

HI @Lucia937 

Thank you for sharing your Cart Abandon flow setup for review. 

After reading through your objectives for the flow and reviewing the screenshot, I do believe you have set up the flow correctly to meet you goals. 

Based on your screenshot, I cannot 100% verify the conditional split for the newsletter list, but assume the condition is “Is NOT” in ‘Newsletter.’

The only question I have is that the “no” track does not include a time delay, so anyone who doesn’t meet the conditions of “placed 0 orders and NOT on the list” will receive the cart abandon email immediately after abandoning their cart. 

Regarding your question: Does “No” under a conditional split simply mean “EVERYONE who does NOT fall under these conditions”, and therefore only the conditions of the initial trigger apply to those people. Correct?

If the conditions of the filter are true for a content, they will go through the “Yes” path. Otherwise, everyone else will flow through the “no” path.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi again, thank you so much for checking my flow! Yes, exactly,  the condition in the conditional split is “Is NOT”.

Also thank you for pointing out the thing with the time delay. I did not take this into consideration and will update it now as I don’t want people to receive it IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you also for explaining my question regarding the “no” vs “yes” path. I got it now.

Thanks for all your help.