Solved

Link to add products to cart from email?

• 15 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is there a link I can add to buttons which automatically adds products to the shoppers cart? i'm looking at creating an abandoned checkout upsell and being able to add products to cart from the email would be extremely helpful? 

icon

Best answer by David To 16 December 2022, 19:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Rcortz,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Interesting thought on this! Although we don’t have anything native to Klaviyo on this, I suspect there’s going to be other factors like cookies and/or saved carts that’ll impact this sort of function. 

For example, typically you’re able to return directly back to a cart from an abandoned checkout flow triggered by a started checkout event because your ecommerce would have a method to cache those products. This means the cart that was abandoned would either be rebuilt - like the case with WooCommerce or they would simply be retrieved in its entirely - like with Shopify. Both methods are only able to due so since some caching is happening on your ecommerce’s end - which doesn’t occur when clicking on a button in an email. 

Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if there would be a service/tech partner that has a connection with Klaviyo that has built something out to accomplish this. Sounds to me like if this was possible, it would need to be through some custom HTML coded email or through some combination of a custom checkout started metric with certain button link redirects. 

I would love to learn more if other members have come across this or know of a third party tool that can accomplish this!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Another thread had the answer to this:

Thank you for clarifying. While we don't offer currently have a help center article for accomplishing this, what you can do is add a button to your email, and then in the URL you'll want to use http://your-store.com/cart/XXXXXXXX:1​as your link.

The value after /cart/ is the variant's unique ID of your product and the :1 indicates that one of that item is added to the cart. 

Hope that helped,

Alex