Solved

List triggered flow

• 21 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi! I’m creating my first List-triggered flow and am wondering if this is the right path. I’m trying to increase my product reviews on new items I just added to my catalog and am sending out an email to invite my existing customers to try the new products with a discount. 

Is a List triggered flow my best option here?? From what I’m reading in the Help Center, if/when I add new contacts to the list this flow will be triggered and I dont want down the line (months from now) to have this email flow be sent to the new contacts if I no longer will be offering the discount at that future time. Any inputs would be appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 21 February 2024, 18:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @gracmbb,

You are correct, if the trigger for the flow is a list, then adding new subscribers will trigger the flow.  You have a few options here:

1 - Use a list flow, and if you decide in the future you no longer want to offer the discount, you can turn off the flow.

2 - Create a segment that has specific parameters that new customers wouldn’t automatically have - ie, add a profile property of “Reivew New Products” and update that property to Yes for customers that you want to receive the flow. Then trigger the flow from the segment.

3 - You can also add a flow filter to exclude new additions. For example, when I migrated to Klaviyo, I didn’t want all my contacts to get a welcome email. So when I imported them, they had “Yes” in a profile property named Manual Add. My welcome flow has a filter that says Manual Add does not equal Yes, so anyone with that property will not be added to the list flow.

I’m sure there are more options I haven’t thought of, hopefully this helps.

Best of luck!

Badge

Hi @gracmbb,

You are correct, if the trigger for the flow is a list, then adding new subscribers will trigger the flow.  You have a few options here:

1 - Use a list flow, and if you decide in the future you no longer want to offer the discount, you can turn off the flow.

2 - Create a segment that has specific parameters that new customers wouldn’t automatically have - ie, add a profile property of “Reivew New Products” and update that property to Yes for customers that you want to receive the flow. Then trigger the flow from the segment.

3 - You can also add a flow filter to exclude new additions. For example, when I migrated to Klaviyo, I didn’t want all my contacts to get a welcome email. So when I imported them, they had “Yes” in a profile property named Manual Add. My welcome flow has a filter that says Manual Add does not equal Yes, so anyone with that property will not be added to the list flow.

I’m sure there are more options I haven’t thought of, hopefully this helps.

Best of luck!

@JessFosnough thank you so much!!