Looking for NOT IN STOCK metric

• 16 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 3 replies

We use BigCommerce as our ecom platform, and we have a great “abandoned browse” flow, but we are sending to customers who are browsing items that are out of stock.

I am looking for a way to trigger “If in stock?” YES → send this email, NO → send this email.

Many of our abonded browses are for items out of stock, and it seems silly to send a customer an email reminding them that they took a look, and come back, if it the item is out of stock.

I did not see anything in the metrics.  Any creative solutions welcomed.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Thor 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

There is functionality to suppress an email from being sent if it contains an item that is out of stock. The set up is not a trigger or condition, but a snippet of code you need to add to the body of the email that essentially looks at an item at time of send, and if the item is not “published” as defined by the product catalog, the email will be suppressed. 

This was a top in the community recently so I wanted to share the feedback from that post. I realize you are on BigCommerce and this particular post is specific to Shopify. I am not sure if this will work exactly the same for BigCommerce, but I wanted to share it for you to give it a try.

I hope that helps!

@In the Inbox 

Badge

My understanding is that functionality only works with Shopify.