Solved

Low Inventory Trigger

• 18 October 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

I searched a bit via Google & the forums but wasn’t able to get an answer to my question. 

Is there anyway to enable a low stock trigger for styles? We have the BIS Flow set up but I’d like to set up a Flow that triggers when an item someone has browsed, added to cart, or abandoned cart with is on its last unit. 

Alternately, adding in a dynamic module that triggers when there is just 1 unit left of a style. 

I’d like to note that this is a shoe brand - so the trigger needs to take into account both style/size. We are on Shopify.

Greatly appreciate any help and let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 19 October 2021, 11:08

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @NuggetMaster 

Than you for coming to the Klaviyo Community to ask about low inventory triggers for flows. Unfortunately at this time Klaviyo does not have this feature but will put in a product feature request on your behalf. Our development team will take a closer look at this and if there is any news in the future I will update this thread! Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey all,

Just wanted to talk through this strategy. It seems like it would be a poor user experience to send someone to low inventory items with the potential of the product being sold out when they get there. I know I personal would be pretty frustrated if this happened to me!

Are you on Shopify Plus at all? I could see upping the threshold to 5 or 10 qty, then potentially using Shopify Flows to create an automation. 

Badge +2

@stephen.trumble checking in a year later - any update? 

@David To  Same for me! This would be incredibly useful for our ecom.  Do you have an ETA just yet?

I might have a simple workaround - if you’re on Shopify!

In Shopify, set up an Automated Collection called something like ‘Low Inventory’, and set conditions to ‘Inventory Stock’ ‘is less than’ and enter a number.

Then in your abandoned flow in Klaviyo you can set up a Trigger Split, Select ‘Categories’ ‘contains’ and select your new collection - ‘Low Inventory’.

Now you can set up a separate email for low inventory items!

Note - I’ve not completed testing just yet, so apologies if this turns out to be total cobblers… ;)

Good luck!

Andy

Hi, 

I searched a bit via Google & the forums but wasn’t able to get an answer to my question. 

Is there anyway to enable a low stock trigger for styles on different websites like Ketamine type? We have the BIS Flow set up but I’d like to set up a Flow that triggers when an item someone has browsed, added to cart, or abandoned cart with is on its last unit. 

Alternately, adding in a dynamic module that triggers when there is just 1 unit left of a style. 

I’d like to note that this is a shoe brand - so the trigger needs to take into account both style/size. We are on Shopify.

Greatly appreciate any help and let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help!

i still want the feature but Klaviyo developers, i think they don’t want it, or company no need that type of feature. But we all know the uses and benefits of that feature hope some days Klaviyo.

Badge

Any update regarding the status of this feature? Also very interested in utilizing this potential strategy. 

Any update? I need this for my business!

Badge

Any updates on this topic? I need the same feature for my low stock email notification flow

Badge

This would be an incredibly helpful tool for my business. If back in stock alerts are already available, it doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to build out this parallel function. As mentioned above, it’s an excellent urgency driver and would prove very useful when trying to sell products that are getting discontinued or replaced with an updated model.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey all, 

We really appreciate everyone’s patience and interest in a low inventory trigger for flows. 

I’m happy to share that after much discussion, this feature is on our Product Team’s roadmap and will be a feature that will be released in the near future!

Although we can’t share a timeline of when this feature will be available, be sure to keep an eye out for our product announcement.

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David 

Badge

@David To any update on this?

Badge +2

Hi @Akers Digital I think this is an important point on the potential for a poor user experience. However, it’s still a highly valuable campaign in my experience provided you apply some considerate technique to the technology. It requires you to have a good handle on how fast a specific sku has the potential to move and to set an appropriate inventory threshold. For example, if you know product could potentially sell 5 units in a day, you may want to set the threshold for a low inventory alert to be triggered when inventory falls below 10, but not allow it to send if inventory falls below 5. Also, manage expectations with subscriber upfront in the emails. Let them know that because inventory is very limited, you cannot guaranty the product will be available for long. This both helps set the right expectation and creates a sense of urgency that will help drive conversion. I’ve also found that even for the users who click through and don’t convert in that session because the product had sold out - that cohort will have a much higher conversion rate on subsequent low-inventory alerts because it sets the expectation that you have to act quickly. All of this has nuance based on the type of product of course. 

I would love for Klaviyo to develop this capability for our Magento 2 integration!