Solved

Mail Propertries for Filter and Splits

Badge +2

Hey Klaviyo People! 

I’m pretty much stuck at creating a flow which splits by opening a specific mail inside the flow. I found inside the configuration of the split a filter for “where” which indicates that I could split the people by “Openend Mail” and equals something, but the problem is, inside the “where” I can put in whatever I want. There are no specific email properties which I can choose from, like subject or email name. 

So, question A: 

Is the where setting, a setting for email properties I can describe?

Question B: 

What are the email properties? I went through 20 help articles but I only found person properties, no email properties. 

Thankfull for any help!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 14 July 2022, 20:59

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @checkforpet

Welcome and thanks for writing in to the Community.

I am a bit confused on what your first question is referring to. Within the “where” variable you can choose between relevant options. In your filter, select “Message” or “Subject”. Just keep in mind somebody would have to have performed the action for that email i.e. Opened that email (in the example below) in order for the message name or subject line to appear as an option.

I’d recommend going through these community topics to learn more as well:

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +2

Hey Alex, 

Thank you, that confirms my thoughts. But the main question is, what kind of email properties do exist. If they only populate when the emails gets send out you can not plan or create a strategy because you don’t know which parameter do even exist in klaviyo. 

Do you have an idea which “where” parameter / email parameter exist? Like subject, or message, or email name and so on?

Thank you,
Vladimir

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @checkforpet,

I would recommend you look through this help article.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +2

Thanks Alex, that helps a bit