Major Bug: cannot use Klaviyo on the same browser

• 7 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I hope I’m not exaggerating the situation but it’s quite annoying. Please let me know if this is happening to any of you. I’ve already submitted a ticket about it.

Basically there is a bug where if I am logged into Klaviyo and have it open, I cannot edit, create, delete or do literally anything if I have got another Klaviyo tab open on the same browser at the same time.

For example, I am editing a new flow I am making. I don’t understand something so I google it and it takes me to a post on the Klaviyo website. I find the solution and go back to my other tab where my flow is. I cannot do anything now in my flow. I can’t add new bits, drag stuff around, edit existing emails/texts. If I press exit I get Error 403.

The only way I can stop this from happening is if I close the whole browser and delete my cookies. But then I have to sign in again to everything and it’s a hassle.

I’ve tested this a bunch of times and it happens every single time. Even on forum posts and submitting tickets, I can’t do those either if anything else is open.

For me, I’d say this is a pretty major bug as it interrupts my work flow. The only workaround I’ve found is to have another browser open to look up any problems I have.

Anyone else experienced this?

Dov 1 year ago

Hi @The Sample Stop,

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Ok that’s helpful context. Have you tried logging into Klaviyo directly (using klaviyo.com) rather than through Shopify? I ask because the Klaviyo app found in Shopify is typically just used for the initial integration with Klaviyo. If you haven’t yet tried logging in directly through klaviyo.com, please do and then try operating on one browser.

If you’re still having trouble, this may require some further troubleshooting from our support team and they’ll be able to have a closer look for you.

I really hope this last suggestion does the trick :)

Let us know how it goes.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @The Sample Stop,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

This is certainly not what you should be experiencing.

Do you happen to have access to multiple Klaviyo accounts? I ask because this error will happen if you are logged into Klaviyo account A (and say, editing a flow) and then when you open up another Klaviyo application (which is say, connected with Klaviyo account B) it will throw this error. Using another browser will work if there is no Klaviyo log-in associated with that other browser. An incognito browser (coupled with a regular browser) will definitely work because it doesn’t store any cookies. So using multiple browsers is a solution (but obviously not ideal). 

What I would try is just an incognito browser to start, log into your account, create a flow and then try opening up some other applications and see if that works. If so, it’s probably a log-in issue and I’d recommend logging out of all accounts in your “regular” browser and ensuring when you use other Klaviyo mediums (help center, community) that you’re on the same log-in.

If you run into the same problem again, I’d continue your correspondence with our support team to investigate this as a bug more closely. And use the secondary browser workaround in the interim.

I hope that’s helpful.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey @Dov 

I do not have access to multiple accounts. Just the one.

I have tried what you suggested with the incognito browser.

1. I logged in through shopify in the incognito browser.
  2. I opened klaviyo through shopify and logged in
  3. I opened my flow and went into a sms message to edit it
  4. I opened a new tab
  5. I googled the klaviyo forum
  6. I signed into the forum using the same account and clicked on some stuff
  7. I went back to my flow and i cannot edit the sms or save it.
  8. In the flow it says “there was an error updating your message”

It looks as if the problem is still happening as described before. Very frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @The Sample Stop,

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Ok that’s helpful context. Have you tried logging into Klaviyo directly (using klaviyo.com) rather than through Shopify? I ask because the Klaviyo app found in Shopify is typically just used for the initial integration with Klaviyo. If you haven’t yet tried logging in directly through klaviyo.com, please do and then try operating on one browser.

If you’re still having trouble, this may require some further troubleshooting from our support team and they’ll be able to have a closer look for you.

I really hope this last suggestion does the trick :)

Let us know how it goes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Dov 

I’ve been testing it the way you suggested by signing in through Klaviyo directly and that seems to have fixed the issue. It’s just strange because it was working before when I first made a Klaviyo account and then it suddenly started acting strange.

Thanks for the help!

Robert.