Solved

manually send flow email?

• 12 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a birthday flow set up but just realized it’s one of my customer’s birthday, so I’d like to send her that birthday email. How can I manually send it to her? I set the flow to “manual” but I can’t find any place to actually send it.

icon

Best answer by David To 12 August 2021, 20:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @michellebiggs,

Great question!

Flows are an automated sequence that is set in motion by a specific trigger; in the case of a birthday flow, it would be when the date found in a contact’s profile property is reached. Because of this, there would not be a way to manually send a flow email to a customer without them automatically triggering the flow and receiving the corresponding emails. 

Instead, I would suggest sending this email either as a campaign or to send this email to this contact individually. You find more details on how to create and send a one off email to a single recipient from the How to Email a Single Person Using Klaviyo Help Center article. 

@Maria.ramos-esperanza also has a great explanation of the difference between Campaigns and Flows from the following Community post:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Thank you David! I figured out I could make a template of the flow email and send it manually.