Solved

Market research with Klaviyo?

• 1 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I apologize if this ends up in the wrong thread or if the answer is already available; however, I have searched without finding it!

Is it possible to conduct a market research with Klaviyo?

I run an e-commerce store where some of the products are consumables. To enhance the customer experience, I naturally want to find out how long it takes for the customer to consume the product and, in turn, be able to set up flows with reminders and possibly even offer subscriptions.

So, the question is whether I can send out a customer survey to existing customers with different response options?

Hypothetical example:

How long does it take for you to finish your porridge?
A, 4 weeks
B, 6 weeks
C, 8 weeks
D, Other, namely (Customer's own answer)

If it's possible, and someone knows how to do it, please explain it in a way that a digital-illiterate (me) can understand! 😁

Kind regards,
Herman

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 1 February 2024, 12:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Herman 

You can do this with a Klaviyo form and using a custom profile property.

For example, let’s say you call the custom profile property ‘porridge_consumption’.

1. Add single-select radio buttons for 4 weeks, 6-weeks, and 8 weeks (see below) to that custom property in your form. 
  2. Add a text input box beneath this for ‘Other’. This also should push its value to ‘porridge_consumption’
  3. Embed this form on the web page and link to it from your campaigns/flows.
  4. The ‘porridge_consumption’ property, along with their chosen values, will get added to a contact‘s profile once they submit the form.

Some considerations:

• ‘Other’ is a free text field, so they may add some value other than just a number, e.g. 6, 6-weeks, 6 weeks, misspellings etc, so harder to select for in the campaign and flows. My suggestion would be not to use the text input box and instead extend the radio buttons to include greater values and omit ‘Other’. You then control the values
  • If you do go down the ‘Other’ approach, you should test this as it’s possible a contact selects, say, 4-weeks, from the radio buttons then enters 6 to the text input box - I think Klaviyo will capture the 6 rather than the 4 as the custom property value, but I’m not sure!

If your actual survey is more extensive than your example, you may want to consider an app for that, e.g. Tyepform or similar.

Hope that helps

Andy

Form display
Form radio buttons

form text input