Solved

Mobile Preview email seems to be the old template.

• 28 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi Klaviyo community. 

I have prepared my email template today. 

Unfortunately my template shows a wrong layout on mobile. 

When I preview it in Klaviyo it shows good.  Also the mobile preview. 
Once I test send it, it works fine on my desktop. 

When I open it on my iPhone with mail app It is defenately the old template it’s using. 

Its missing blocks, I added for example:

When I rescale the email in outlook mac, it shows fine to. 

What is happening? :) 

icon

Best answer by Lucas. 1 February 2024, 18:15

View original

6 replies

Badge

I suppose It’s a bug in Klaviyo? I also have the same issue when I create a campaign based on this template.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Lucas. might be a bug - hard to tell from screenshots. Worst case when this happens in any program, I try to duplicate or start fresh (the worst, I know!).

I’m actually having a similar issue but instead of missing aspects of the brand new email I created (not cloned) its sending out the previous email that was sent. Ill get the test email, It’ll have the proper subject line, but the old preview line when i open the test email it was the very last email I sent with it’s subject line.  I’ve tried saving, recreating, and even sending the test to a different email just in case and its still sending the wrong test email preview. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@Lucas. Very strange, I have not experienced this myself. Have you tried viewing the campaign in other inbox apps on your mobile device? It would be helpful to know if this is isolated to Apple Mail or if you are experiencing the same glitches in other inboxes. 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge

@Lucas. Very strange, I have not experienced this myself. Have you tried viewing the campaign in other inbox apps on your mobile device? It would be helpful to know if this is isolated to Apple Mail or if you are experiencing the same glitches in other inboxes. 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Hi @Ashley I. !

In my case it’s related to Apple iPhone. 
Just like @GRiv is experiencing it seems to always send the initial email. 

When I open it on my mac it’s no issue. Maybe indeed some kind of caching issue on my device. 
I’ll try to send it to another iPhone of someone else and share the result. 

Badge

Update:

I tested it again. At first it showed the old template. 
Once I further changed the whole content of the email suddenly it changed and looked correctly. 

On other devices it seemed to be no problem. 

Probably local caching issue I guess.