Solved

Monthly Newsletter Email

• 16 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I want to set up our monthly newsletter. I want this newsletter to be different each month and I'd like to schedule it to go out on a specific day each month. I want our 3 Welcome Series email to trigger this monthly newsletter. Our welcome series is currently set up to send over a 7 day time frame. After they receive the 3rd email, I'd like the following email that they receive to be the first email in our monthly newsletter. I have the flow set up to update the profile property if they've completed the flow and this is where I'm stuck. What is the best flow/trigger for this monthly newsletter?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 16 October 2023, 22:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @megannqq thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! It sounds like the best option for those types of emails would be a campaign. This is a one-off email sent to whoever you choose at the time and date you choose. 

Campaigns are different from flows in that flows are automatic and triggered by an action a user takes (like making a purchase, signing up to receive email, etc). 

This Klaviyo Community question goes through the differences nicely

Here’s how to get started creating a campaign.  You can create a segment of people who have gone through your welcome flow and send them the monthly newsletters as campaigns. 

If you’re looking to add all of the monthly newsletters to a flow over time, and have each person who completes the welcome flow go through all the monthly newsletters starting from the beginning, then I would create a new flow that is triggered by someone finishing the welcome flow and just keep adding your new monthly newsletters as they are created. 

Hope this helps!