Skip to main content
Solved

Most efficient post purchase email flows for products sold through many channels

• 20 June 2024
  • 2 replies

My company sells about 7 different products. They are available for purchase through several different channels - our Shopify store, our Amazon store, and retail in physical stores. Once a user purchases one of our products, they activate the product in our app.

We currently have 7 different post-purchase flows for each of the different products. As the 7 products are similar, the 7 post-purchase flows are extremely repetitive. 

Is 7 different post-purchase flows really the best way to set this up for the long term?

Is there a way that we can put logic into emails to show targeted content that is specific to each of the kits?

Given that the products can be purchased through many different channels, we cannot use just the Shopify events to trigger the post-purchase flows. We will need to trigger emails based on when a user activates a specific product in our app. The app will need to call the Klaviyo API to either add the user to a list, or something else. Perhaps when we make this “add to list” call with the Klaviyo API we can set a custom variable. 

Is there a standard best practice for how achieve easy to maintain post purchase flows? I do not see an example that is exactly like what we are trying to do.

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @redwoodkaleidoscopic 

Thanks for reaching out for help with your flows.

There is the option of using show/hide logic based on the product they purchased or activated in your app as long as that data is getting passed in the customized event. This would allow you to build one post purchase flow with different blocks depending on the product. What data is being passed into Klaviyo currently for these flows? What specific trigger are you using?

Badge

Hey @redwoodkaleidoscopic 

Thanks for reaching out for help with your flows.

There is the option of using show/hide logic based on the product they purchased or activated in your app as long as that data is getting passed in the customized event. This would allow you to build one post purchase flow with different blocks depending on the product. What data is being passed into Klaviyo currently for these flows? What specific trigger are you using?

Thanks for your answer! I will plan to use the show/hide logic. I’m currently planning to use code in our mobile app to add the user to the list (with a custom property indicating which product they just activated) and then using the trigger that activates for “user added to list.” Does this sound like the best approach?