Solved

Mystery Coupon

• 30 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey I’m looking for a hand setting up a generated coupon codes for a mystery discount. For example a customer receives a 10%,15% and 20% unique discount code in their inbox after signing up. I saw LSKD do this and a few other brands so was wondering if anyone has any pointers to set it up.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 30 December 2023, 18:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Bon123 The easiest way I can think of to do this would be to only deliver the discount by email vs. showing on the success page and then in the flow use a random conditional split to separate people into two paths. One path gets discount A, the other path gets discount B. 

Each random conditional split creates 2 paths so if you wanted to offer a third discount level (discount C) you’d have to add another random conditional split on one of your paths.

hope that helps and interested to see if someone else had another way to do it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Bon123,

Welcome to the Community! 

I do not believe that randomizing discount codes upon sign-up is a feature that is natively available in Klaviyo at the current moment, but I might have a workaround for this:

I looked into the brand you mentioned in your inquiry, and can see they are using Klaviyo as part of their tech stack; among other plugins and third-party services. If they are facilitating the randomized discount code incentive via a flow in Klaviyo, they are likely utilizing conditional splits in their Welcome Series flow for new subscribers. 

I am unable to confirm this for certain, of course, without direct account access. But it would seem to me that they have configured a conditional split for a random sample of subscribers who enter the flow. It would look a little something like this:

In the above example, 50% of new subscribers would see an email containing Discount Code #1, and the other half would receive an email containing Discount Code #2. This can be static discount codes , such as ‘SAVE10’ and SAVE15’, or you can take this a step further by configuring dynamic discount codes to be unique per each users. 

If you want to offer more than 2 discount code variants, you can add additional 50/50 conditional splits like so:

This can also be helpful for making higher discount codes less likely to be awarded. In the above example, new subscribers have a 50% chance of getting Discount Code #1, and a 25% chance of getting either Discount Code #2 and #3.

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski