Solved

Need to seen up a daily send flow starting today

• 15 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge +3

I’m trying to create a new flow that sends an email out every day at 9am to contacts in a segment starting today (day of creation). i’m using the time delay box, set to 0 days, with delay send till X:XXpm GMT.

Currently the program isn’t working and time delay box has a yellow warning icon. 

How can i get this to send please help.

Essentialy how do i get a flow to trigger the same day a person is added at a fixed time?

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 15 November 2023, 16:50

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @MrSidney,

Welcome to the Community! 

Segment and List-triggered Flows do not currently allow a user to enter the flow more than once to prevent a user from receiving duplicated email content. For example, when a user signs up at checkout, and agrees to opt-in twice they would not receive the same welcome email both times because they can only enter the List-triggered flow once.

If you are looking for a recurring flow within Klaviyo, you can create a date property-triggered flow instead; however, this can only send recurring emails in a monthly or yearly increment (not weekly or daily)

There was another thread here on the Community which suggested some third-party workarounds for situations where you need to automatically email users in a list or segment every day:

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski​​​​​​​

Badge +3

Hi @Ashley I. 

Thanks for the reply, my issue is mainly that the time delay to send the email today at 3pm (lets say) isn’t working. (0 days after trigger, delay untill 3pm). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @MrSidney,

Is this the part of your flow you are having difficulties with?

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the warning you are seeing in your account? You might need to hover over the warning icon to view the description.

Thanks!

Badge +3

as requested

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@MrSidney, I see this is much clearer now, thank you!

Instead of “0 Days” can you use the “Days” drop down to change the time intervals from days to either hours or minutes, and enter a value of 1 or higher in the time delay box to see if this resolves your issue?

Badge +3

Hi, yes that gets rid of the yellow warning but thats not gonig to work for me.

I need the flow to send out an email at 9am every day (after signup) as there is a fixed start and end to the offer. 

is this possible?

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@MrSidney How long is the offer valid? That is, how many days do you need to send each contact an email at 9am?

Badge +3

1-3 months - winter -christmas - new years

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@MrSidney I see. So, as noted in my original comment, it is not possible to send emails daily via a segment-triggered flow like you have here. As your flow has 1 message that is sent at a specific time, recipients will only receive this message once with the current configurations. They are unable to re-enter this flow, as it is only triggered once when they first join the segment. 

My query related to the time period when these emails are needed to send out was in the hopes that this would be a short period of time (example: 1-2 weeks) to where it would not be unreasonable to add additional emails in your flow for each day that the message needs to be sent out. Such as suggested in this thread:

But in this case, it is not reasonable to suggest that you add 30-90 messages to your flow to cover the extent of the offer period. 

If you are looking to send emails to a segment daily within Klaviyo, this can best be achieved by sending manual campaigns rather than flows. While tedious, and certainly not as convenient as configuring a flow to do this automatically, this will ensure that your content is sent daily to your segment, and can be scheduled ahead of time and Cloned to cut down on the work needed from your end to achieve this. 

Badge +3

Highly unfortunate.

Thank you for your quick replies.