Solved

Numbered list and hyperlinks overiding text formatting

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

When I convert text to numbered list it is removing size/colour formatting and making numbers larger and black. Same with links.

Also any way to remove the underline without changing each to no text decoration?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 30 October 2023, 18:41

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

The simplest workaround would be to remove the numbered list and add the numbers with the appropriate styling, using spaces instead to match what the numbered list are doing. In the old editor, you could go to styles and override this HTML element; however, my research didn't yield any results beyond this article, and I wasn't able to replicate the author's findings.

Hopefully, somebody here would be able to confirm if this is a limitation with Klaviyo.

Badge +2

Actually, I found a workaround on how to edit the number list text style, you would first need to press the text and then open inspect element and select the element OL element on the editor and edit that specific element to the style you want using inline HTML and CSS and once this is completed you would need to adjust the text in the editor by adding a space or a letter which overrides this within the page and press publish and update the URLs on your site, once this is completed you have successfully updated the numbered list style.

For you would want to add the relevant fonts and styling within that element to match the text.

I did an example here for coloring here is the video and tested this on a Sandbox site:

https://streamable.com/vkgqnv

Badge

Actually, I found a workaround on how to edit the number list text style, you would first need to press the text and then open inspect element and select the element OL element on the editor and edit that specific element to the style you want using inline HTML and CSS and once this is completed you would need to adjust the text in the editor by adding a space or a letter which overrides this within the page and press publish and update the URLs on your site, once this is completed you have successfully updated the numbered list style.

For you would want to add the relevant fonts and styling within that element to match the text.

I did an example here for coloring here is the video and tested this on a Sandbox site:

https://streamable.com/vkgqnv

Thanks Tom for taking the time to do that.

I was able to just add the style from the <li> below as you said by clicking on the </> editor

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @Lix - welcome to the community!

There’s an area of the template/ email builder in Klaviyo where you can specify global settings for text links. Here’s where you’d remove the underline, and specify any other text formatting you do want to use.

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros