Solved

+ Offering 10% Discounts in Both Welcome Series and Abandoned Cart Flows

• 26 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I plan to offer a 10% discount in both my welcome series and abandoned cart email flows but want to ensure I'm doing this in the most effective way.

My main goal is to incentivize new sign-ups and recover potential lost sales without overwhelming my customers with too many discounts.

My question: 

• How do you manage the distribution of the 10% discount across different flows without customers potentially receiving and using multiple discount codes?
  • Should I offer separate 10% discount codes for the welcome series and the abandoned cart flow?
  • or is it more effective to use the same 10% discount code across both flows.

Thank you so much in advance for your time.

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 26 March 2024, 18:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Myze-Life,

Thanks for your question! There are a few ways you can approach this. I personally would offer separate 10% discounts for the different flows, so you can see which flow is being used more often. However, this is just my opinion, I don’t have any evidence to show that it is more effective. 

To avoid overwhelming customers with discounts, you can use the SmartSending feature, which ensures customers only receive 1 commercial email from you within a cerain amount of time.

You can also set up one of the flows to exclude the other with Flow Filters. For example, if you feel the welcome email is more important than the abandoned cart flow, you can set up the welcome flow to exclude customers who qualify for the abandoned cart within a certain amount of time. (or the other way around).

Another option is to offer a different discount for each flow. For example, my company offers a dollar amount off for new sign ups, and a percent discount off for abandoned checkouts. This would depend on your intergration, though; ours is a custom integration.

There are probably other options as well; perhaps others will chime in! If my suggestions have caused more questions, feel free to post them here and I’ll do my best to answer! Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Jess. THank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. This clears up a lot for me and gives me some ideas to work with