Solved

One trigger, separate segmented list, repeat messaging

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

We have a two-sided marketplace. For simplicity purposes, let’s say that the two sides are: Teachers and Students.

I want to accomplish the following:

1. When a New Teacher joins our website, that should trigger a series of emails that promotes the New Teacher joining.
  2. However, the audience would be Students. Teachers would not receive this list at all. We want to publicize the New Teacher.
  3. Students would receive 3 emails over 3 weeks. And every time Step #1 occurs, we want the same Students from Step #2 to receive 3 new emails (which will have some personalization/dynamic variables within to reflect the New Teacher details).

The issue seems to be…

1. The trigger for #1 would mean that Klaviyo will look to message New Teachers only. But that’s not what we want.
  2. There doesn’t seem to be a way to have a trigger that detects when a New Teacher joins that then sends emails only to Students.
  3. There also doesn’t seem to be a way to have the same emails on repeat because flows only send to a segment/list once.

A manual solution would simply be sending a series of Campaign emails every time a New Teacher joins. But we get dozens of New Teachers a month. That’s a lot of work to do manually. We would love to automate this but it seems Klaviyo is limited.

Am I missing something? Is there some sort of magical workaround?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 2 May 2024, 17:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @Danny W 

An interesting question!

It would be possible to create a custom event that triggers a flow each time a new teacher joins, but, unfortunately, I can’t think of a way to use that event-triggered flow to send to a specific list/segment of students. It might be achievable using make.com or Zapier with Klaviyo?

I think it may have to be via campaigns unless others on here have any ideas @retention @DavidV ?

Sorry, I know that’s not what you wanted to hear!

Regards

Andy