Solved

Opting into marketing emails on back in stock form

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

If a contact subscribes to email marketing when signing up for back in stock, does that create a traditional ‘subscribed to list’ metric and would that trigger a flow that was set to trigger by the list the form ads them to?

All these years using Klaviyo, I never even thought about this behavior 🙈

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 31 January 2024, 02:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Jessica eCommerce Badassery !

I believe that there is an additional step that needs to be taken in order to also collect general marketing consent when a users is requesting to receive Back in Stock notifications. 

This was discussed in another thread here on the Community:

Adding the checkbox for “Add me to your email list” as the Best Answer in the above linked thread suggests would be a convenient way to also collect marketing consent from these users.

I haven’t experiences it in practice, but if your Back in Stock flow adds subscribers to your main list, there may be a possibility that they can then receive any List-triggered flows, such as a Welcome Series. But typically, if their consent status is “Not Consented” they will not receive these messages.

When in doubt, you could always test this out yourself by signing up for a Back in Stock notification and seeing if you receive additional emails.

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski