Skip to main content
Solved

Order Confirmation E-mail in WooCommerce

Good day all

How do one create the order detail, i.e., products and total detail including shipping detail in Klaviyo Flows?

I do have a confirmation e-mail already, but I would like to add the order detais as well in the e-mail.

I would apprecate some assistance of advise.

Yours sincerely

Glynn J

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @Glynn Joubert 

The easiest way is to follow these steps:

• Create a flow https://www.klaviyo.com/flows/create and filter the flow templates for WooCommerce. Choose the Abandoned Cart Reminder. This shares the same product events as a placed order.
  • Edit the template and select the table block. Select the star icon on the the left tab that appears and save the block as universal content.
  • Now edit your order detail email. In the left pane of the editor, select ‘Universal’. You will see the table block you just saved. Drag that into your email. See below in edit mode.
  • The default table block does not including shipping details. So, add this snippet in its own content block {{ event.ShippingMethods }}. It needs to be in its own block. If you inlcude it in the table it will show the same methid against each product in the order.
  • Adjust to suit the colours/layout you want.

When you trigger your flow from a placed order event, that block will iterate through all the products the customer has ordered and display the product image, title, quantity, and item value

I hope that helps, but if not, let me know.

Regards

Andy

Badge +2

Hi

I hope I did it right? I still get this error message though. I will attach screenshots. 

It show this initially

Then it gives this error message

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Glynn Joubert 

It looks to me like you’ve not saved the entire table block correctly as universal content from the WooC abandoned cart template. You should do this as below.

If you’re still having issues, I’m happy to create a quick walk-though video.

Regards

Andy

Badge +2

Dear Andy

Thanks for your patience. I would probaly have to ask for a quick walk through, or even just screenshots should suffice

What I did:

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

No problem @Glynn Joubert  

What you have in your latest screen grab looks OK. But a change is required for the dynamic image url.

When testing, I realized that the image URL variable was different between the started checkout event and the placed order event. 

For the dynamic image variable use:

{{ item|lookup:'$extra'|lookup:'Images'|lookup:'0'|lookup:'URL'|default:'' }}

Anyway, for reference, here’s my table set-up below which does work for a WooC placed order event.

Try that and then preview against a recent placed order event.

Let me know if all is OK.

Regards

Andy

Badge +2

Dear Andy

Apologes for only comng back now. I am not a good programmer, it looks like. This is the prevew I get:

The differnt tabs:

When I get this done, I think I can qualify as a basic programmer LOL!

Look forward to your response!

Yours sincerely

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Glynn Joubert 

You’re getting there!

There is an issue with something in your set-up as you’re getting a variable error in the preview mode. Double-check your text block source code that it is this:

<div style="text-align: left;">
<h3><a href="{{ item.URL }}">{{ item.Name }}</a></h3>
<p>Quantity: {{ item.Quantity|floatformat:0 }} &mdash; Total: {% currency_format item.LineTotal|floatformat:2 %}</p>
</div>

And your dynamic image link is this:

{{ item|lookup:'$extra'|lookup:'Images'|lookup:'0'|lookup:'URL'|default:'' }}

I don’t understand why you’re seeing the final image you’ve shared as the table has two image blocks. It should look like mine below. 

Regards

Andy

Badge +2

Dear Andy

Thanks for helping me on your Saturday!  changed everything to what you’ve sent me. I don’t get that error message anymore. I expect that the actua e-mail sent to the customer will look better then in the preview?

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Glynn Joubert 

Glad the error has gone.

Unfortunately, something is still incorrect as the preview should show the populated table block with the products they’ve ordered. You can check that by sending a test to yourself.

Do you see the block if you switch to mobile in the preview? I’m wondering if the table block is set to Display on mobile only? Or do you have any show/hide logic on the table?

Regards

Andy

Badge +2

Dear Andy

I trust you had a great weekend?

I sent a test e-mail to myself. Now it des not even show any product detail, just the standard info.

Maybe it is just not meant to be.