Skip to main content
Solved

Order of Flow Components

• 27 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi - is there a proper way to order certain blocks in a flow? In the example below, should the “Wait 2 days” time trigger come before or after the conditional split that is currently after it?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@cbzhu 

This is a strategy decision and depends on what you want to do. In klaviyo flows things happen immediately if there is no time delay between them. 

So if you want the check about placing order to happen immediately after the email is sent then you can put the time delay after the split. But if you want to give some time to people to react to the email and then take actions from it it is always good to have time delay in between.

I don’t see the full flow setup that you have here but from what I see I think it is set up correctly because you expect people to buy after receiving the email and it is good to give them those 2 days to do so before you check if they placed an order or not. If you don’t have that 2 days time delay the check from conditional split will happen immediately after the email is sent so people wouldn’t have had time to buy because of that email.

So I think your set up here is good.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Helpful, thank you!