Solved

out of stock for subscribed recurring customers

• 6 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi Hope all is well!  I have a question on how to create a flow of how to send an email notification to customers that have a recurring subscription on a product once it goes out of stock and not notified on the day of processing their recurring order so they can at least plan out to switch to a different product prior to their next ship date.  Any tips and advice? Help?  Gladly appreciate this community!  Hope you guys have a wonderful day!

icon

Best answer by David To 10 July 2023, 21:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @mundoo 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

Klaviyo currently supports back in stock flows for accounts with Shopify, BigCommerce, or Magento 2 integrations, as well as accounts with inventory-aware custom catalog feeds. What integration are you using? 

Badge

hey @stephen.trumble !

Thank you.  How about for out of stock flows?  We have the back in stock flows setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @mundoo,

In my experience, to achieve what you’re looking to do, you’ll need to create a custom event that gets passed to Klaviyo. This custom event should be initiated from your backend that recognizes when a product goes out of stock for customers who have a subscription plan for it. 

With this custom event, you can both: initiate a metric triggered flow informing customers of the news and used as a filter to remove these customers from any recurring flows you may have associated with their subscription orders.

If you’re already working alongside a developer, I would suggest sharing our Developer Portal with them. We also have a vast network of Klaviyo Partners who offer developmental assistance as well should you need. 

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hey @mundoo I would be happy to help you out on this by creating a custom event. Please let me know if you need any dev assistance on this task. 

@David To Great insights!