Solved

Placed order 0 times Since starting this flow does not work

• 2 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I use Placed order 0 times Since starting this flow as additional filter after a user has entered the flow by started checkout.

However, when I previewed the trigger, it still schedules email for user who had placed order since started checkout (picture below).

Here is their activities onsite recorded by custom API connected with Klaviyo:

Started Checkout:

Placed Order:

As you can see, Klaviyo has the time of when the user started checkout and placed order, and even though the user placed order after they have started checkout shortly, they are still within the flow and not recorded in the skipped email list.

What should I do to troubleshoot this?: For the flow to filter out users who have placed order after their most recent started checkout event?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 2 February 2024, 18:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Cubes-Asia_Vinbarista 

It looks like all is OK with your flow.

To explain, flow filters are evaluated at the trigger and each flow step. You have the flow filter ‘Placed Order zero times since starting this flow’. Everyone who starts checkout will enter the flow as they have NOT placed an order since starting the flow at the time of the checkout-started event. This is why the preview trigger shows your contact (who subsequently placed an order) is eligible to enter the flow. 

If you have a time delay at the start of the flow, all checkout-started contacts will be put into the waitlist at the first email. Before that first email send, the flow filter is again evaluated. Any contacts who fail the flow filter (place an order while in the flow) are skipped. 

You should be able to see this for your example contact if you check the waitlist at your first email (assuming you have a time delay). If you don’t have a time delay, or that delay has passed for them, you will see them as skipped due ‘fails flow filter’.

The other possibility if you’re still having issues is that the contact has entered the flow, placed an order and then entered the flow again (2nd checkout-started event). On that 2nd checkout they will receive the flow emails even though they purchased on the first checkout. You can avoid this by adding an additional flow filter of ‘Checkout started zero times in the last X hours, days, or weeks’. That stops contacts getting too many abandoned checkout emails within a short timeframe.

Let me know if that helps.

Andy