Solved

Post Purchase Email - Looking to send assembly instructions based on order

• 4 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

So as part of our post purchase flow, I’m looking to provide our customers with assembly instructions based on the products which they have ordered.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I was thinking of setting up a Product Metafield - whereby each product would have a URL to their specific instructions (in PDF format).

Anyone got any suggestions on this? Am I thinking the right way or is there a different/easier way to go about this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by David To 7 August 2023, 18:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Drazdauskas,

I think you’re on the right track so far! I think adding a product metafield as part of your order event would be the most seamless way to do it.

Other options I’ve seen done are:

• Triggering a standalone event based on the order or product type to trigger a new flow separate from a post purchase flow
  • Use conditional/trigger splits to navigate users down different branches of a flow with these product (or product category) specific instructions
  • Using show/hide or if/else logic statements in your email to show or hide specific content based on what was purchased

There really isn’t a right or wrong way of accomplishing this. All of these methods are viable and would really depend on your preference in terms of setup. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Thanks @David To,

I’m going to park this idea for now.

I have set-up product metafields within Shopify, and will see how this information pulls through first into Klaviyo and then take it from there!

Appreciate the response 👍