Solved

Price Drop report - not all reduced products there

• 19 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi community, 

Recently we discounted over 30 products but noticed that only 23 were visible in the price drop report. I I am not sure if this is the reason but what the other 7 products have in common is that there is more that one variant of the product (and not all variants were discounted). Could you please advice what to do to be able to see all the products in the price drop report (and therefore include them in the price drop email). Discounting all variants is unfortunately not an option as those are usually just samples. Thanks

icon

Best answer by StefanUE 19 March 2024, 17:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hey @Justyna , thanks for your question!

Sadly, the Price Drop trigger works only on a product level, which requires all variants of the product to be dropped before it triggers the event.

So, you were on the right track in pinpointing your issue.

The only known workaround is to modify your product catalog so each of the variants are its own separate product, then only discount or drop the ones that you want, which will then trigger the flow as intended.

Hope this helped, happy to chat further!

Badge +1

Hey Stefan, thanks for you quick reply! 

One more question to the topic: if I decided to discount all the variants but with different amounts (e.g. one variant 20% and the other 1%), would they be shown in the price drop report then? If so, then with which price reduction? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Justyna actually, that’s a really cool idea which, honestly, I haven’t explored before!

I’d really like to see what that does, so if you wouldn’t mind testing, then letting us know, that would be great!

Badge +1

Hi Stefan, I tested the idea and with two different price reductions, the product is unfortunately still not visible in the price drop report.