Skip to main content
Solved

Product cards not displaying in gmail

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I’m having an issue and I was wondering if someone is struggling with the same bug.

I have a set of automations that display products dynamically (welcome email, cart abandonment, browse recovery, etc). When I test this emails with the preview message option in Klaviyo the product cards are being shown perfectly, and also when I send a preview I can perfectly see all the dynamic product cards in all the email clients I’m testing (mainly gmail and outlook/hotmail). See here an example:

The problem starts when the email is in production. Gmail addresses that trigger the flows won’t get the product displayed:

A weird thing that I see as well, is that if I check the “original message” in gmail (so, the source code of the email) the products are in the code.

I’ve tested this with campaigns and luckily this isn’t happening there, everything displays as it should.

Anyone any idea what might be the issue? I’m in contact with support about this but wondering if someone out there had or is having this problem.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @mariegseen 

This is weird

You mentioned “Gmail addresses that trigger the flows won’t get the product displayed:” 

Did you check the production email in hotmail or any other inbox provider?

If this is specific to gmail, can you check your image settings in gmail? follow the steps from article below

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/145919?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Let me know if this fixes it.

Thanks

Arpit Banjara

Badge +1

Hi @ArpitBanjara, yes, I’ve tested it in other email clients such as @outlook.com and also my company email address which I open in outlook desktop. Both work fine. 

Regarding the images, is not only not displaying images, it just crops the entire block (as you can see in the example images). Moreover, I can see images from other emails I’ve sent to gmail, for example, this Campaign I’ve sent only to myself to check if the issue was being replicated in one-off emails:

Other things I’ve checked:

• Is not set to display only in mobile or desktop, it displays everywhere.
  • I’ve checked in mobile, the issue persists.