Solved

Product personalisation in header

Badge +1

Hello,

Is there a way to add personalisation in the form of last viewed product into the subject line of an email?I want to create an abadoned browse email - I received an email from a company showing me the last product I had viewed in both the header and the email body and it really did entice me to open. I can’t seem to figure out how to do it.

Thanks,

Lauren

icon

Best answer by annasophiefc 8 May 2024, 18:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @whitedaisyuk 

Thank you for posting in the community.

What you are refering to sounds like a Browse abandonment flow. Depending on what integration you currently have, you should be able to build this with a “Viewed Product” metric and use the event.Name in the title.

This article will likely be helpfull to you: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002775252 :-)

Badge +1

Thank you. I have used this in the body of the email but I want to call out the product on the email subject line - do you know if that’s possible? :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Yes! By using the event variable that contains the name. It usually looks like this {{ event.Name|default }} but can differ depending on your integration :-)

Badge +1

Thank you - that one doesn’t work for me. Do you know how I might please find the one that works with my integration?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

How does the variable look in your email? Simple copy paste the dynamic product name variable from there. Otherwise copy paste it from your event data in the preview mode, here you should be able to just click it and paste it into the subject line :-)

Let me know if this works!