Solved

Question regarding out of sync web feed

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding the caching of web feeds. Aside from the documented 15-minute refresh interval, are there any additional caching mechanisms in place?

We have observed instances where web feeds are updated, yet the emails being sent out contain outdated data, resembling a situation where they are retrieving information from a cached web feed.

Thanks in advance

Br, Viktor

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 14 February 2024, 22:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @vikatt 

Welcome to the community!

Do you have any duplicate products in your feed? Often times this is why the feed shows the wrong price, as we only show what is passed from your site. 

Badge

Hey Stephen,

Thank you!

In our scenario, the custom web feed consists of URLs linking to images used in email rendering through your templating language. Therefore, the issue doesn't relate to duplicate products.

I aslo checked the feed preview which displayed outdated data despite recent updates.

Given this context, do you have any other insights or suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @vikatt!

How much of a refreshing delay are you experiencing? In other words, how outdated are the emails? 

Occasionally, there can be extended refresh periods of closer to an hour, but if the delays are days or more, it may be a more account-specific issue, at which point I would recommend reaching out to Support.

Best,

Brian