Solved

Repeat purchase vs Replenishment Flow

• 13 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

What is the difference between using a repeat purchase flow and replenishment flow?

How do I stop overlap between the 2 as they are pretty much the same message

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 13 October 2023, 10:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @kj93 

The difference is subtle. My view is the following:

Repeat purchase flow. This is to encourage customers who have placed one order to place another order. That could be for the same product or for cross-selling/up-selling. As they’ve only placed one order, the messaging would emphasise your brand, product USPs, product-use tips etc. You want them to become a repeat customer.

The flow would trigger on placed order, and the flow filter would be placed order = 1 over all time

Replenishment flow. A nudge to remind customers who’ve purchased a specific product multiple times (2+ times) that it might be a good time to re-order. The timing of these messages would depend on how often the product likely requires replenishing. As with the repeat flow, you may want to include some brand values to remind them why they are buying from you. Also, an acknowledgement that they are a loyal customer; that may just be in the copy and/or an incentive to reward their loyalty.

The flow would trigger on specific ‘ordered product’, and the flow filter would be ‘ordered product’ greater than 1 over all time.

If you have a winback flow, you’ll need to review timings/filters/messages to make sure that doesn’t cross-over with the above.

Hope that helps

Andy