Solved

Replenishment Flow 1st time vs repeat buyers

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey Everyone! 

I have a question. I want to setup a replenishment flow for people first time in this flow and another for people who have been in this flow. Like, 1st time replenishment flow and another future orders replenishment flow.

What triggers, filters, and conditional splits should I use? 

I’m trying everything.

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 27 March 2023, 07:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@ahmademail 

If you want a replenishment flow the only trigger that make sense is Placed Order metric. 

• For example trigger the flow when someone place an order
  • Have 50 days time delay (or shorter or longer depending on the product you selling)
  • And flow filter placed order for that product (or placed order in general if you want) zero times since starting that flow.
  • Then have 2 paths divided by a split for people who are first time in this flow or not
  • For the split you can use this definition. Received email zero times where flow is this flow, and use the Yes path for people who never received this flow and use the other No path for people who received this flow in the past

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks a lot @Bobi N. 

I have a small question. If the filter is “placed order zero times since starting this flow”, that means when they order first time they won’t be put back again in this flow right? Or will they be put back again but go to another branch?

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@ahmademail 

Placed order zero times since starting this flow filter means that once people are in the flow if they place an order they will be removed from it.. Since this is replenishment flow you want them to buy again, but if they bought again you want them out of the flow. 

So lets say i place order and the time delay is 50 days.. so im waiting for first email and then i place an order. So for the previous time that I entered this flow with my previous order I will be removed from the flow line. But because of the new order I will be added to the flow from beginning and wait 50 days from the start again. And always like that. So this filter is not stopping people to enter the flow multiple times it is just stopping them from receiving the emails if they place an order once they are in the flow.

Same thing goes even if they received some emails and they place an order again same thing, they will be removed from the flow and will be added to it again from the start.

Basically that filter will act in a way to restart the flow for that person.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Bobi N. 

Thank you a lot!!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Bobi N. For the conditional split can I use “has received email at least once since starting this flow” instead of “received emails zero times since starting this flow” ?

Thank you!

Badge

@ahmademail We have seen a lot of success with using the ‘Expected date of next order’ metric for replenishment flows as well. Your account needs to qualify to get this metric added, but here are more details on Klaviyo’s predictive analytics. 

Additionally, if you are not eligible for the predictive analytics yet I recommend the following steps to figure our your average days between orders: Create all active segment > export to CSV > select metric ‘average days between orders’ (should be on page 3) > download and look at average of all customers. This will give you a good idea on what time delay to use to set up the replenishment flow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@ahmademail 

Both of your suggested splits are wrong.. “has received email at least once since starting this flow” instead of “received emails zero times since starting this flow” both are wrong. It shouldn’t be since starting this flow but overall. The splits should check if people ever received this flow or not to make sure it puts them in the right path which according to your request at the first post was “I want to setup a replenishment flow for people first time in this flow and another for people who have been in this flow”

So you can use “has received email zero times overall where flow is this flow” as I suggested and use the yes path for new people and no path for people who already received it.. 

Or you can use “has received email at least once overall where flow is this flow” but pay attention here the yes path in this case is for people who already received the flow in the past and no path here would be for new people in this flow

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Bobi N. Thank you a lot! My final question how do you do the part where “flow is this flow” ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@ahmademail 

Hope this img helps. Just pay attention the 6 character code from this img will be different for you and your flow so you need to use the code from your flow

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you @Bobi N. a lot!!!