Solved

Report Email Automation

• 29 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Klaviyo Community, 

I have been working on the new flow, Monthly Progress Report Flow. 

I’m curious to see if anyone has any experience building something like emails below in Klaviyo. 

I’ve been struggling to figure out how to add dynamic metric variable to an email. 

Any help is very much appreciate. Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 29 August 2023, 14:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

For a project like this, I typically have to work alongside a developer who stores all of the customer’s event data into an API. That API then will fire off the data and variables into unique profile properties or as a single custom event metric per ‘update’ that is going out.

Then as a flow (or campaign if you do profile properties), all of the those variables can then feed into these user update emails. Things like those graphs are definitely trickier to achieve. That is when you have the API doing If/Else statement to then feed the correct image in. So if the user exceed 50 points but is lower than 60, then feed this specific image src link into variable ‘Tuesday Graph’. It can get complicated!

But is do-able with an API that connects to where you house all of this app usage info you want to send to the user via email.

API Dashboard: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/api_overview