Solved

Request for feedback and guidance on building a category-based Browse recovery flow.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear Experts,

I would greatly appreciate your input and guidance to target a browse recovery flow on category level. I am building a category-based Browse recovery flow that aims to send customers relevant emails based on the products they have viewed. For example, customers who viewed tents would receive tent-related emails, and customers who viewed jackets would receive jacket-related emails.

To structure the flow, I have identified our top categories and developed a framework that I have outlined below. However, I am seeking feedback on whether this is the right approach to build a category-based flow.

Additionally, I am unsure of what the last trigger in the flow should be. Since there may be new categories in the future, I need to decide on a trigger that can encompass any new categories. For instance, if the customer does not view any of the categories listed in the flow, should they receive a generic email? If so, what should be the trigger?

If a customer viewed 3 items from different categories at the same time, what category will be triggered?

PS: There are two articles/tuts available on Klaviyo but they are more so on  Yes/no for two categories. Questions highlighted in purple

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise. I look forward to hearing your thoughts at your earliest please...

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 8 March 2023, 20:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there!

The logic in your collections based flow splits look great!

If so, what should be the trigger? - You wouldn’t need another trigger filter there. Just have all contacts who don’t meet the other filters go down that final NO path after Climbing and place emails there into a ‘general’ leg of the flow.

If a customer viewed 3 items from different categories at the same time, what category will be triggered? In this case - your contact would filter down the very first condition it meets. So if someone viewed a product under Climbing & Accessories - they’d go down accessories only. You could move your flow around so that the most popular/best selling categories are first to get filtered in this. Also the Viewed Product metric captures just a single item’s details at a time. So you want to have a filter on the main flow metric trigger to keep them from triggering this flow multiple times in a period of time and then it’ll then trigger and filter for the first item they viewed.

Let me know if you still have any other questions!

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Sunny  how many different categories do you have?

You might be better served using dynamic content so you only have to have one flow. You just want to test the emails to make sure they don’t get clipped in gmail. 

You can learn how to show/hide content based on event data here: 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005258208-Show-or-Hide-Template-Blocks-Based-on-Dynamic-Variables

Essentially, this lets you show or hide blocks dynamically based on the product the customer looked at. 

So you create a separate section for each of your categories and then show to those who looked at products in that category. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you @Spark Bridge Digital LLC & @Jessica eCommerce Badassery Really appreciate your responses.

@Spark Bridge Digital LLC I had that filtered on before, and customers were receiving multiple emails and one customer received 14 emails as she viewed 14 items. So had to turn off that filter and unfortunately the revenue has now gone down,

Is there an option to feature multiple viewed items in one email. if not what do you advise? don't want the customers to receive multiple emails with the same messaging just the different product? 

Here is the filter i have

​​​​​

Thanks again for your help