Solved

Sale campaign using reply back

• 5 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello everyone!

Just curious regarding the idea of create a campaign that will require my contacts to reply back with a certain keyword that can found on the email, then if they reply back with the correct keyword. The keyword will trigger a flow to send an email that contains the discount code. I know this might be possible with SMS, but I want to ask if how this can be done solely for email. Would I need a certain integration for this to work?

Thank you everyone!

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 5 April 2023, 05:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Teddy, 

Interesting use case. To get a better understanding, what is the reason you’d want to have the customer to jump through those hoops to get a discount code? 

Regardless, I believe this is not possible because clicks, opens, and received email metrics are not available for selection to trigger a flow.  If you use a customer service software like Gorgias, you could create a rule to check it and send a response (but the discount code may have to be static).

I’d recommend not going through the reply to get a discount code unless there was a strong use case.  In my experience, I haven’t seen much value in it (from a customer and brand standpoint).