Segment Flow with existing subsribers in the segment

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I thought, that I have to “add past profiles”, if I want to have existing subscribers from a segment in the flow. But when I look into the preview of the trigger, it shows me all profiles which would pass the flow and the list shows me the existing subscribers.

The segment definition is “placed order at least once over all time”.

The segment flow trigger is “when a profil is added to the segment”

Is it not necessary to add past profiles?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @zellrebell 

The flow trigger preview shows you which profiles (at the time of your preview) are eligible to enter the flow (passed all filters) and which profiles are not.

Just because a profile is eligible to enter a flow doesn’t mean they are already in it, or will stay in it (subject to conditions you set)!

In your example, only new profiles added to the ‘placed order’ segment will enter your flow as it’s being triggered by new members joining not existing members.

I’m curious, though: what is your order segment-triggered flow doing? Just wondering if it might be better to have a placed order event triggering your flow, then a campaign to your historical customers? 

Hope that helps

Andy  

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper,

thanks a lot for your fast reply and the helpful information!

My flow sends content emails with information, tips and tricks to our new customers. But I’m thinking about including the historical ones as well to built also more trust and to keep me in mind. We have a lot of retourning customers, so I thought, this could make sense. What do you think?

Every customer should get the flow just once so I didn’t choose the metric “place order” to trigger the flow. Is thas what you meant?

Chris