Solved

Segmentation leads

• 30 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello community!

I have a form on my site and settings flows in Klaviyo. Now I have added German language for my site and accordingly, I want to adjust the following sequence: when leads from Germany, Austria or Switzerland fill out my form on the site, it gets into flows with letters in German. And what is the best way for me to do segmentation in order to German flows active for people from Germany Austria and Switzerland and English flows active for others? by IP location?

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 30 October 2023, 18:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Yevhen2103,

Welcome to the Community! 

This is a great question about sending content in a user’s preferred language. 

If you are just looking to send all subscribers from Germany, Austria or Switzerland messages in German, you can create the following segment based on the users IP location:

Properties about someone > Country > equals > Germany

OR

Properties about someone > Country > equals > Austria

OR

Properties about someone > Country > equals > Switzerland

If needed, more details on creating a location-based segment can be found here.

From here, you can send campaigns to these segments that contain German content. For flows, you can show/hide certain blocks based on a property about the recipient, such as their location or preferred language. This will allow the same email to be send to users in different languages based on the data you collected about them in Klaviyo.

To make it easier on yourself moving forward, you can also collect someone's preferred language in sign-up forms. This is a more personalized way to confirm the subscriber will be receiving messages in their preferred language, regardless of geographical location. 

--

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Is it language depended? If so I would use the url as your guiding lines.

i.s.. visiting www.domain.com/de would trigger the flow. Alternatively you could add a profile property that adds the latest language variable as a profile property.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO