Skip to main content
Solved

Send Flow based on product purchased

• 6 June 2024
  • 3 replies

This is probably the simplest question but I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to work out why this Flow isn’t finding anyone!

I want to send a Warranty Sign Up Reminder to customers who have purchased specific items but it doesn’t seem to bring people in even if I know for certain they’ve ordered that product. When Previewing the flow, all of the last 10 orders ‘would not enter the flow’ (2 definitely do!) and even if I put a test order through myself, I don’t qualify either.

We’re using Shopify, the integration is clearly working because I can see order information when I Preview the Flow. Also, SKU isn’t a Trigger filter option (which would have been my first instinct)

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +1

Solved it. Knew it was something stupid! Profile Filters, NOT Trigger Filters.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hi @ElectraStim 

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

I’m happy that you figured it out already! You review the documentation and difference between trigger filters and profile filters here in a short video: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002779051

Have a lovely day :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Glad you figured it out! For future flows triggered by a certain product ordered, I recommend using the ‘Ordered Product’ trigger and using ‘ProductID’ as a trigger filter instead.

If for any reason the product name changes, using the ‘Placed Order’ trigger with ‘Items’ trigger filter will not work unless you go in and update the flow to include the updated product name.

On the other hand, the ProductID never changes for a product, so using the ‘Ordered Product’ → ‘ProductID’ set up ensures that the flow will always trigger no matter what’s changed about the product.

You can find the ProductID by headed to the back-end Shopify product page. It’s the string of numbers at the end of the URL. i.e. https://admin.shopify.com/store/mystore/products/8401663164567 - the ProductID is 8401663164567

Here’s some more info on Placed Order vs Ordered Product Events. Good luck!

All the best,

Dan