Solved

Send Notification

• 11 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a bit of a tricky scenario which I want to know if it is possible to implement in klaviyo or not. 

When a customer books an appointment on the website, their information comes into klaviyo- pretty straighforward. 

But after we have their information, based on their entered city, I want to send an email to our representative in that city and share the customers information. We have fixed representatives for every city and can have their information in Klaviyo. 

Is it some how possible to implement this in Klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 11 January 2024, 17:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @rohan12334 

Interesting question!

The way I would do this is to create an internal notification flow as shown below. That flow triggers when a customer gets added to your appointment list. The conditional logic checks for the city, and then an internal alert email is sent to the appropriate city salesperson.

In the email are variables that dynamically pull in the customer's personal details (example also below).

You’d need to replicate the conditional split for each city and change the email’s ‘send to’ address for each city salesperson.

If there are inconsistencies in the case of the city names, you’ll need to consider that eg Oxford OR oxford OR OXFORD etc    

Does that help you?

Regards

Andy

Internal notification flow

Internal alert email for Oxford Sales Rep

Badge +3

Hi @bluesnapper 

Yes, this is great! 

However, it says send an internal update to upto 5 people. In my use case, I need to sort from 60+ and more added frequently. 

So would this still work for my use case? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @rohan12334 

If you want to send a single internal alert email to that many salespeople, then the solution I can think of…

Send the alert email to a city group email address. In your client email system i.e. not Klaviyo, set up a rule to forward received emails from that address to a group of email addresses (your salespeople in that city). The group of addresses is where you can add/delete salespeople’s emails. This can be done in Outlook so likely also be done in your email system if not using Outlook.

If you are just providing FYI notifications to the salespeople then that should be OK for your use-case. However, if your salespeople need to take 1:1 ownership of customers, it would be a process management nightmare! Customers getting contacted by multiple salespeople. In that case, it would be better to look at integrating Klaviyo with a CRM.

Hope that helps

Andy