Solved

Sending Copy invoices

• 24 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi, would anyone be able to help. We use Shopify and (via an app) can send copy invoices through shopify, but only individually. Would anyone know if this can be done automatically via Klaviyo or shopify?

Thank you very much in advance.

Lou :-)

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 24 August 2023, 18:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Lou Dodson 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

As long as the same data that is being used in the invoice is being sent into Klaviyo, you should be able to set up a flow to automate your transactional emails. The article I just linked will walk you through what you need to setup in order to accomplish this. Just a couple friendly reminders: Make sure you reach out to support to have the flow marked as transactional before you start sending, so all of your customers receive their invoice regardless of opt-in status. Just remember that any email marked as transactional cannot contain any marketing. Also, once you have this setup, make sure you turn off these emails in your third party app and/or in Shopify so duplicates are not sent and create a burden for your customers. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Amazing thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Just to what @stephen.trumble has mentioned. Great inputs though.

If you’re planning to send invoice as an attachment in your transactional emails, avoid doing that. It may trigger spam filters or ISP like Gmail would flag as a suspicious attachment that would lead to a bad experience.

See if you can host the invoice copies on your website and trigger a personalised transactional email for each user, if that makes sense.

Regards,
Mohsin

Badge +1

Thank you Mohsin, that sounds good and in fact I would prefer to house on the website, but i don’t believe that’s possible in Shopify, unless you know how???

Rgds

Louise

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Yeah @Lou Dodson - Shopify has some apps related to invoicing that you can give a try if it’s solving the business use-case. However, you can host it independenty on 3rd party solutions and use a custom branded domain to make sure when users click the CTA, they land on the same branded domain vs. 3rd party hosted domain, if that makes sense.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mohsin