Solved

Sending flows to non-subscribers

• 5 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hello all. This may have been asked before - if so, my apologies but I can’t find anything on the forum so far that helps. My question is - can I send flows to people who have active profiles but are not subscribed to our newsletter?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 5 October 2022, 15:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @AnnaE 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

Technically, Yes, you can send an email to any contact in your Klaviyo account who has not unsubscribed from your account. This is often how brands send thank you and post-purchase emails to new customers who purchased (submitted their email during the transaction) but haven’t specifically checked a box to receive marketing messages. 

In the US this implicit opt-in is allowed, however, outside of the US the privacy laws are different where explicit opt-in is required. Explicit opt-ins would require someone to specifically state they want to receive your marketing emails. 

But, I would caution you… if someone has not specifically opted in then they may not engage with your messages if you send them. So be mindful of the metrics and if you start to get low opens or high unsubscribes or spam complaints, you wouldn’t want to continue (in my opinion). 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

@In the Inbox