Solved

Sending Milestone Emails

• 19 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I would like to send milestone triggered emails to subscribers once they hit each milestone. My business has a referral rewards program we are launching. For example, for every 5 referrals, they unlock $10, so we want to email the subscriber every time they reach an additional 5 referrals. What’s the best way to send this email?

We have created segments for each milestone, but I’m wondering if it’s best to run a flow or a campaign email. What’s the best way to automate this since we have endless number of milestones?​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 19 April 2024, 22:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @cbzhu - welcome to the community!

If you’re wanting to build a flow that people can enter multiple times, you’ll need it to be triggered by an event. In most cases, what you’re describing is best accomplished by building a flow. 

Then that automation becomes part of the systems that keep your business running in the background, without you manually scheduling specific emails to be sent for this referral program each time someone reaches that threshold. 

Do you have a software tool that’s keeping track of those referrals/ loyalty points for you? Integrating that with Klaviyo would likely be the easiest way to get the “event” you need to trigger each flow. Then you can have branches of one flow that are specific to the milestone someone hits (ex: 5 referrals vs 10) or you can have multiple flows, with each one specific to a certain milestone. 

Warmly,

Gabrielle