Solved

Sending multiple email reminder using Klaviyo

Badge +1

Hello,
We have a case sending email below and would like to use Klaviyo.

"Ready for Pickup" order email
We are processing order on Shipstation and would like to send a notify email to customer when the order is updated ( assigned to tag ). We are thinking to create a small script to call Shipstation Api to check the order tag and then call Klaviyo API to trigger the email. This email may be sent multiple times to remind the customer.

We did some searches and got that the job can be done via “a metric-triggered flow “ (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003057151) but not sure how. Can someone let me know if it is possible and how to set up the flow? 

Thanks and regards

icon

Best answer by StefanUE 5 March 2024, 11:59

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@miraclet hey, thanks for a great question! I’d be happy to share an outline of a plan I’d put together in this situation.

Firstly, you need to integrate Shipstation with Klaviyo. You can find the information on this integration HERE. Just follow the steps!

Once that’s done, you’ll be able to create a metric triggered flow. You will see the Shipstation metrics as in the screenshot below.

Further to this, you’ll need to create a custom property with the information you needed to call into your email (the “order tag” property, with the value being the actual order tag). The API should be able to pull this in as an add-on to the out-of-the-box integration.

From there, once you have the metric live, and the property updated, you can create a flow filter that says “Properties About Someone → order_tag is not empty”. This will filter in only the people with the correct property.

You can then also call in the custom property via the callbacks in the template as well, if you need to customize your emails further, as well as the first_name property, etc.

Let me know if this helped - happy to chat further!

Badge +1

Thank you @StefanUE

What you said almost matches our requirement. I'm still not clear two items below:

• How to send reminder if the order not pickup
    After the first sent, we would like to send a reminder if the customer has not picked the package. Is the email still triggered  if the “order tag” property not empty? Or we have to set a new value?
  • In case a customer has multiple orders, how can we trigger the flow for each?
Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@miraclet I’m glad I was able to help!

In my suggestion above, the flow would be triggered even if the “order tag” property is empty, but it would filter out and skip people that haven’t had this property assigned.

In case of sending a reminder if the package is not picked up, is there a metric that tracks “pickup pending” situations? If so, then setting up a metric-triggered flow for this metric would be super easy. If not, it may have to be created as a custom data point within your integration, pulling in the corresponding information from Shopify.

As long as you don’t have any filters that prevent people from receiving the flow multiple times (e.g. “has or has not been in the flow” or smart sending), it should be triggered every time an order is made, even if the “order tag” is the same (as our only condition is that the property is not empty).

Hope this helped! Happy to chat further

Badge +1

@StefanUE thank you for your comment. I added more details below:

“...In case of sending a reminder if the package is not picked up, is there a metric that tracks “pickup pending” situations?”
->We planned create a daily cron which calls Shipstation API to check order tag. If the tag still “Packed", that means the order is pending. But not sure how trigger the flow again. Does set a new value for “order tag" work?

Finally, how can we test the flow? Can we do it in a real account? We can do filter it for just our test email.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@miraclet In that case I propose making a segment with the condition “Properties about someone → “order_tag” equals “Packed””, and then triggering a separate flow with this segment, which will then ensure only the people in that segment get the actual reminders. Once their property changes, they will no longer be in the segment, and thus will drop out of the flow (you may still need to filter them out).

You can create pseudo-Shipstation custom properties (i.e. you create custom properties and manually insert the values that you’d insert automatically via Shipstation in a normal situation) on a few profiles of your team members or yourself, and then create all of the content using the properties and the strategy we discussed, then testing to see if it all gets delivered as intended. Don’t forget to delete these properties afterwards!

In terms of the live integration testing, I’m afraid there’s no way of doing it other than setting everything live and monitoring how it does (at least to my knowledge).

Happy to chat further!

Badge +1

I'm creating a test Flow and set the tag=PACKED for testing but it was fail because the tag is empty. Can we trigger the Flow again after the order is assigned to a tag?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@miraclet only if it’s manually backpopulated I’m afraid, once the initial check passes after the flow is triggered, you’re not able to re-enter a person in a flow unless they make a new order or they are backpopulated.

Badge +1

I'm thinking  using a List and Flow. The email will be triggered if the user is added to the List but it seems the email only send one. I tried removing the profile from the list and adding him again but no luck. If we can make the email sent every time the profile added to the list, it should work.

Badge +1

Hey, I think I can do the job using Segment + Flow.

Badge +1

Confirmed it is not. Klaviyo just sends one email even the flow has multiple time triggered.

Badge +1

Sorry, I could make the segment and flow work with “time delay" and “condition split”.