Solved

setup a flow after changing preferences

• 21 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,
I want to set-up a flow to reward people that have added extra information in the preference page.

First step is that I created an email with a button tot the preference page. So far so good.

Second step should be a flow based on a trigger (with filter) to send out a personalised email with vouchercode.

The flow trigger is a list (subscribers) and the flow filter is “what someone has done, updated email preference at least once since starting this flow”.
But the flow wont start. What do i do wrong?

Txs

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 22 August 2023, 07:10

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hello.

The trigger should be a segment and not a list. So in the segment you should be like this - https://prnt.sc/5oHx5j5W-6mp. I can not think of any way to get the “update” event. The only you can do is to get them in the flow when they set a property that was not set before. And that is fine for what you need. You do not care if i change my name (that would be also weird).

So use a trigger flow when someone enters that segment and let me know how it went.

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@StefanK 

The suggestion @Mail-Marketing gave is a great suggestion, the only problem there would be if you don’t collect Last name or if it is not a required field, or maybe you collect it somewhere else to apart from the preference page.

So the suggestion would be to have a preference page with a required field that you don’t collect anywhere else so when people update the preference page this field will be added to their profile. So the trigger would be similar to what @Mail-Marketing explained. Segment where that specific property is set but not necessarily last name, it can be something else.

Or you can use a segment something similar to this..