Solved

Shopify flow filters being pulled into Klaviyo

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

Could you please help? We used an app to load embroidery as an add-on. See attached. We have since removed that app because it was just bad and have created a new product called Embroidery. 

However, I don’t know which item to choose because there were so many add ons with the app we used to add embroidery (see attached).

We removed the app in Shopify but it is still pulling through item names in the flow filters on Klaviyo that are no longer relevant to our store since the app was deleted. 

How can I remove these extra embroidery items and just have whats currently reflected on my Shopify so that I can ensure I choose the correct item to ensure the flow works correctly.

We updated the correct item to UPDATED EMBROIDERY and then the flow works but we’d prefer our customers don’t see updated embroidery because that’ll be confusing to them. 

We found that when we update the item name from Updated embroidery to Embroidery - the flow breaks because because changes are not retroactive. Plus, it would be really confusing in the future if we saw a definition that read “placed order at least once where product equals ABC” but you saw someone who purchased product DEF enter the segment or flow. 

Your help will be greatly appreciated in finding a solution or workaround for this.

icon

Best answer by Kylie W 17 January 2024, 23:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @smileyrox 

Thank you for the question in the Klaviyo Community!

I can think of two quick and simple ways to do this (easily identify the product), you could either:

1. Add a full stop to the end of the product name. This is discreet.
  2. You could add this product to a Shopify collection (this collection does not need to be published on the live site) that is called Embroidery and use the Collection as the trigger for the flow.

To be able to remove the products from Klaviyo, they need to be removed from Shopify. Here is another community post on this topic: 

https://community.klaviyo.com/accounts-and-settings-2/delete-old-products-in-klaviyo-6702#:~:text=If%20you%20would%20like%20to,be%20done%20on%20that%20end.

Kylie

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Kylie W 

Thank you! 

I have created a collection called Embroidery and added the product. The collection is not active on any of the sales channels. 

When I go back into Klaviyo and keep the trigger “placed order” with the trigger filter dimension set to “collection” - embroidery isn’t an option. 

What am I doing wrong? Please help! And thank you once again.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Kylie W 

Not sure if you saw my reply above - tagging you again incase you missed it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @smileyrox 

Sorry for the delay! I have been doing some testing and investigation and I believe this community article will be describe the reason why. 

Due to the way the product is being ordered, the Collection route may not be the best way to achieve this, however it would be confirmed once your next order comes through. You may need to update the name of it (with a fullstop) or use tagging.

Sorry this has not been as straight forward as hoped!

Kylie