Shopify product tag not available for conditional trigger split in flow

• 29 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello! I’m trying to add a conditional trigger split in an abandoned checkout flow based on a new Shopify product tag I created, but the specific tag I’m looking to use is not available when I am setting up the trigger split. (also not available when I try to create a segment for the tag) I did set up this new tag today, and I also refreshed my product data sync with Shopify. Hoping someone can help!

Example: A customer starts checkout with a particular product that is tagged ‘smart creamer’ in Shopify. That customer event is added to the abandoned checkout flow, but I am unable to filter on the ‘smart creamer’ tag because it’s not available as a filter. There are other tags available but not that one. I tested this myself by starting checkout with this product and confirmed that the event data does inlcude the ‘smart creamer’ tag -- but for some reason, it is not available as a filter in the conditional trigger split criteria.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @JuleeF, welcome back to the community!

Typically, when you add new tags to your Shopify Products, they don’t start appearing as a Segmentation drop-down option until exactly 1 event has happened with that tag that you added has occurred. 

Klaviyo doesn’t retroactively update all past events with the new tags, so it only “sees” the tag moving forward.  Until it “sees” the first event with that tag does it now let you use it as a “dropdown” option in Segments (or in Trigger Splits/Filters).  

Since it’s been a few hours since you posted this, it’s likely that tag should show up now! Let us know. :)

Badge +4

Hi Joseph - Thanks for the follow up! I looked just now, and it’s still not showing up. I’ve had a few customers come through the flow. I checked their events, and I can see the tag applied in the JSON data dump for each customer’s event (example below) -- but it’s just not showing up as a filter in the flow or when I try to build a segment.