Solved

Show a product that has been purchased in the past

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello everyone!

I would like to send kind of a ‘Thank you campaign’ to existing profiles, and show dynamically in one of the emails the product they have most recently purchased.

Could I do this using an ‘Order confirmation’ template, but instead of a ‘Placed Order’ trigger, use a conditional split such as “placed order at least once over all time”?

Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 18 May 2023, 20:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @VLMontoro 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

In order to show the most recent purchased item in an email you would need to based the event off of an event trigger like Placed Order. The reason being the event trigger includes all of the item details as part of the event and can only be referenced in the email when that email is associated with the event in a flow. 

While needing to base the trigger off of the Placed Order or Ordered Product events, you can set up the flow with the trigger so the email is only sent to the specific segment you are looking for. 

Unfortunately, you cannot back-populate an event metric as these are based on real-time events.

If you are wanting to send to existing subscribers vs. in a real-time flow, then you’ll need to create a segment based on their purchase, and send them an email with the product included. You won’t be able to dynamically insert the past purchased product.

With that said, I’d love to loop in my fellow Klaviyo Champions to make sure I am not overlooking something where they might have another approach. @Omar or @Bobi N. - any thoughts or other recommendations here?

Thanks!

@In the Inbox