Solved

Show/hide block in campaign for non-purchasers

• 20 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I’m trying to apply a Show/hide logic on a campaign to show a discount code for customers that have not yet purchased. 

How is this done? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Bobby 20 March 2024, 11:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @topgummy -

Thanks for writing! I’ll list out steps below to one approach that could help you achieve this:

1. First, it might be best to set up a segment-triggered profile property tag flow. The segment criteria could simply be “Placed Order zero times over all time”. This flow would include a profile property action to create a boolean profile property (e.g. “Never Placed Order”) with a value of TRUE.
  2. You’ll likely want to add past profiles to the flow to retroactively tag all profiles who have not yet placed an order
  3. Then, you’d also want to create a separate profile property tag flow for when people do place an order. This would be triggered by a different segment that essentially contains “Placed Order at least once over all time”. That would be set to update the “Never Placed Order” property with a value of FALSE.
  4. Finally, you would follow the instructions here to create a show/hide condition with profile data based for the text block with the coupon code. You’ll want to only show it to profiles whose “Never Placed Order” property equals “TRUE”.

I hope the above helps and is only one of perhaps a few approaches to achieve this. Please let me know if you have any questions!