Solved

Smart Send Time Scheduling

• 13 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Smart sent time scheduling NEVER appears to work for me. I select the day and select to use the focused time to send. 

But then after it is done scheduling, the day and time are COMPLETELY different. I specifically asked for the 13th. NOT the 12th. I already have an email going out on the 12th. I end up having to wait to schedule my email until the day I want it to send, which completely defeats the purpose of scheduling emails in advance. 

Any idea why it does this??

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 22 January 2024, 14:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @lncuster!

Thanks for bringing this question to the community; we’re glad to have you here!

It looks like your email was scheduled to send in “recipient’s local time” - this means the sending day will change depending on the recipient’s timezone.

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros

Badge

To me, this is confusing. All i can see is that an email will start sending almost 24 hours EARLIER than expected. Is there anyway to add a feature that shows WHERE is going to get that email 24 hours earlier than expected (or how many people?). OR have it say, use smart send but don’t start sending any earlier than ___ (a specific time - 9pm est for example). I scheduled two to send at different times, but since I didn’t schedule the first 24 hours earlier, the people who are essentially 10 hours ahead and us would have gotten two in a row. There needs to be more clarity or ability to adjust when it starts to send. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Totally understandable @lncuster! I don’t use the Smart Sending feature very often for my clients, so I’m not familiar with the full range of settings there. 

One of the other champions might be able to give you more insight!

@retention @Omar @Akers Digital @chelsgrove @Ashley I. @Spark Bridge Digital LLC @Kylie W @KatherineB @In the Inbox @Bobi N. @inboxingmaestro 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

HI @lncuster,

I can see how this is frustrating for you. At this time, it’s not possible to see in advance which time zones your emails are sending, however, after an email sends, you could look at the email stats and see which areas of the world have the most subscribers. 

Since the email is sending in local recipient time, depending on where you are in the world, the email could start sending almost 24 hours in advance to reach people in earlier time zones, as you noted. 

Also important to note, is that when you start running a smart send, the first couple of tests will be exploratory, and the emails will send over 24 hours. As you continue to use the smart send feature, Klaviyo AI narrows down the optimal send time to a 4-hour period of time, and future smart sends will send during that timeframe (in local recipient time). This could also be why you are seeing the emails sending so far in advance.

The other option for scheduling is to use a specific time zone (like EST) so you know exactly when everyone is receiving your email. The downfall with this approach is you might see reduced open rate if some of your subs are receiving the email in the middle of the night in their time zone.

Badge

Frustrating to have it begin before scheduled day.
It often starts a full day before it should go out for us, too. I think the 24 hour smart send should only BEGIN on the day you selected, not END on the day you scheduled. It messes up the timing parameters for us. 

It’s strange that a calendar day is ignored - and to expect us to to hack the system by scheduling a day later to compensate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @Teri Lanier! I can appreciate why this is frustrating to you. Thanks for sharing your feedback! This is helpful for the Klaviyo product team be aware of.

I’m tagging a few Klaviyo team members so they can help us pass your feedback to the appropriate product team. @stephen.trumble @kaila.lawrence please help!

Warmly,
Gabrielle

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Thank @ebusiness pros for flagging! I will definitely roll this feedback up to our product team!