Solved

Split fulfilled-order based flow based on current order items

• 4 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I want to send a purchase reminder after X days from the order fulfilled date.

I’m using a flow triggered by order fulfilled event (woocommerce).

If the customer purchased 1 item from category X - I want the reminder to be sent after 30 days.

If the customer purchased 2 items from category X - I want the remineder to be sent after 60 days.

How can I achieve that?

The reminder needs to be sent after x days based on current order items (quantity + category).

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 4 February 2023, 23:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@miraroz  

Are you trying to create a replenishment flow? I’m not sure if Klaviyo has this for WooCommerce (I work mostly with Shopify) but they have a built in flow for this in the library you might want to check out or confirm with Klaviyo support. There is also this documentation

Depending on how many different products/collections you’re doing this for it might be easier to do it on the placed order metric and then just cushion your delay time based on your average fulfillment and shipping time. 

If you want to continue to use the fulfilled order metric, here is how you can do that.

In an ideal world you would use a trigger split so it was directly related to the fulfilled event, but you can’t nest your condition to say fulfilled 2 items from a specific collection. You can say fulfilled 2 items and from X collection, but that doesn’t necessarily mean both items are from that collection. 

Right after the trigger add a conditional split:

• what someone has done or not done
  • ordered product > filtered by collection
  • is at least 2 in the last X number of days 
    • typical days between order and fulfillment with a little cushion

On the yes path you add your 60 day delay and your email

On the no path you add another conditional split

• what someone has done or not done
  • ordered product > filtered by collection
  • is at least 1 in the last X number of days 
    • typical days between order and fulfillment with a little cushion

Then add your 30 day delay & your email on the yes path of that split

NOTE: even if you want both groups to get the same email, just at different times, you’ll still need to create two separate emails. Because you want people who don’t match either of these conditions to leave the flow, you can’t reconnect the flow under your splits. You can put the main content as a universal block so if you ever want to change it you only have to change it in one place. 

In theory you could if you wanted to add a profile property to the people you wanted to exclude so you can use that profile property to exclude them the email, but it’s probably not worth the trouble. 

*Strategy Bonus* If you don’t already, add a subscribe and save option and use your replenishment flow to encourage them to sign up for that.

Hope that helps!